LEGO has released solicitations information for their upcoming Star Wars: Betrayal at Cloud City Set. Fans might remember the first Cloud City playset 10123, that is highly sought after on the secondary market. It generally fetches between $500 to $1,200 on eBay, depending on the condition. This new 2,812 piece set features 18 minifigures, 2 droids and expands on the original release with loads of new features.
Check out the full solicitation below, along with a slew of photos!
75222 Betrayal at Cloud City™
Ages 14+. 2,812 pieces
Visit Bespin’s amazing metropolis in the sky—Cloud City!
Relive a world of unforgettable moments from Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back or add your own fun twists to the story with this LEGO® Star Wars 75222 Betrayal at Cloud City set. The amazingly detailed set is divided into 4 sections, each depicting scenes from the classic movie. There’s a landing platform complete with Boba Fett’s Slave I ship, a detailed promenade, a dining room with seating for 5 minifigures, a garbage processing room with incinerator, and a sensor balcony for epic Luke vs. Vader Lightsaber duels. There’s also a carbon freeze chamber with a function to ‘freeze’ Han in carbonite, an interrogation chamber and prison cell, a secondary landing platform for the Twin-Pod Cloud Car, and so much more. Add an astonishing 18 LEGO minifigures plus 2 droids to the mix, and you have a set that Star Wars and LEGO fans of any age would be proud to add to their collection.
- Includes 18 minifigures: Han Solo, Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker in Bespin outfits, Chewbacca, C-3PO, Lando Calrissian, Lobot, 2 Cloud City Guards, 2 Cloud Car Pilots, Leia and Han in Hoth outfits, Darth Vader, Boba Fett, 2 Stormtroopers and an Ugnaught, plus R2-D2 and an IG-88 droid.
- Section 1 features a landing platform with a sliding entrance door and Boba Fett’s Slave I ship with an opening minifigure cockpit, movable wings and space underneath to store the Han in carbonite element.
- Section 2 features a dining room with a table, seats for 5 minifigures and a decorative Cloud City micro build; lounge with a transparent sculpture and 2 chairs; garbage processing room with an incinerator, conveyor belt and a deactivated IG-class droid; and a promenade with tree sculpture, mural relief and opening doorways leading to other parts of the model.
- Section 3 features a sensor balcony with railing and swing-out function, plus a maintenance cabin with opening round window for epic Lightsaber duels, plus a carbon freeze chamber with lever-activated ‘freeze’ function.
- Section 4 features a dark-red corridor leading to the interrogation chamber with a turning interrogation chair, plus a prison cell, hangar with a secret trapdoor and tool & weapon rack, and space for the Twin-Pod Cloud Car with opening minifigure cockpits and 2 stud shooters.
- New minifigure details include Leia’s red dress, Han’s Corellian blood stripe, Luke’s dark-tan Dagobah outfit, the Ugnaught’s head decoration and the cloud car pilots.
- Weapons include Han’s blaster pistol, Chewbacca’s bowcaster, Luke’s Lightsaber, Vader’s Lightsaber, Boba Fett’s blaster rifle, IG-88’s blaster rifle, 5 blaster pistols and 4 blasters.
- Accessory elements include a wrench, handcuffs and Lobot’s cybernetic band.
- Stage air-to-air battles between Boba Fett’s Slave I and the Twin-Pod Cloud Car.
- Pull the carbon freeze chamber lever to pretend freeze Han in carbonite!
- Relive unforgettable scenes from the classic Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back movie.
- This amazing set is part of the LEGO® Star Wars Master Builder Series.
- Cloud City measures over 6” (16cm) high, 22” (58cm) wide and 22” (56cm) deep.
- Slave I measures over 4” (11cm) high, 7” (19cm) long and 7” (18cm) wide.
Available directly from LEGO Stores & shop.LEGO.com on September 13th, 2018 for VIPs and October 1st, 2018 for everyone else.
LEGO is a line of building toys manufactured by the Lego Group, a privately held company based in Denmark. The company’s flagship product, commonly referred to as “LEGO bricks,” consists of colorful interlocking plastic bricks and an accompanying array of gears, mini-figures, and various other parts. There are other LEGO pieces that can be assembled and connected in many ways to construct such objects as vehicles, buildings, and even working robots.