If you were not able to catch the Star Wars Celebration Europe Rogue One Panel because you were not in Europe, or you didn’t have an Internet to catch the livestream, don’t fret! Your friends at Outer Rim News are here to give you the lowdown on everything that was covered at the event. So sit back, have a cup of coffee and continue reading!
We will start off with the brand new footage shown during the panel (not the trailer). This fantastic reel, shown at Star Wars Celebration Europe 2016, not only gives us some fantastic new footage, but some insight into the making of the film as well. Notice that the creators and actors all have a love for the franchise and the film that they are creating.
The new video doesn’t tell the complete story though. Here are a few highlights and bits of information for you to digest…
- Director Gareth Edwards revealed James Earl Jones, who voiced Vader in the original trilogy, will be back in the new film.
- Jedha is another new world in Rogue One, and home to Chirrut, Donnie Yen’s staff-wielding, blind warrior.
- Galen Erso, played by Mads Mikkelsen, is Jyn’s father. Yet he still remains a mystery.
- Scarif is the planet seen in the film, in which we see beautiful beaches with Stormtroopers seemingly coming out of the ocean.
- The story for the film was originally planned for a Star Wars live-action television series. The idea came from John Knoll, digital effects innovator at Industrial Light & Magic, who thought a Mission Impossible-style mission would be a good fit for the show.
- Speaking of Galen Erso above, here is the first photo of Mads Mikkelsen in costume in the film…
Also shown during the panel was concept art featuring a look at the original concept for the characters in the film. As you can tell from the picture, the characters went through some major modifications from concept to screen.
We also were treated to a great new teaser poster for the film. Not only did Lucasfilm reveal this new teaser, but everyone in attendance at the panel was treated to a copy of the poster before leaving!
Also revealed was the first toy from Rogue One. Felicity Jones revealed her Jyn Erso 6″ Hasbro Black Series figure to the masses. As you can tell from the image below, the packaging is similar to past releases in the Black Series line.
So that is it boys and girls! What do you think of the film so far? Leave us your thoughts by using our nice little commenting system below!
About Rogue One: A Star Wars Story:
Rogue One directed by Gareth Edwards, takes place before the events of Star Wars: A New Hope and will be a departure from the saga films but have elements that are familiar to the Star Wars universe. It goes into new territory, exploring the galactic struggle from a ground-war perspective while maintaining that essential Star Wars feel that fans have come to know. The film is set for release December 16, 2016.
[…] [ July 15, 2016 ] Everything We Learned from the Celebration Europe Rogue One Panel Featured […]
Comments are closed.