CGC is thrilled to team up with ACE ASSIST and KLF Sports to bring fans an exclusive Private Signing with Golden Globe and Emmy Award-winning actor, Ewan McGregor, star of Disney’s Obi-Wan Kenobi. McGregor has signed exclusively with ACE and KLF, making this event the exclusive place for send-ins! See pricing and details below!
McGregor burst onto the acting scene with roles in the Star Wars prequel trilogy playing Jedi, Obi-Wan Kenobi. His excellent portrayal in these films led to the new Disney+ series named after the character. In addition to the Star Wars films, McGregor has been cast in many Hollywood blockbusters including Black Hawk Down, The Island, Angels and Demons and Birds of Prey among many others! He has also lent his voice to animated characters in movies such as Robotsand Beauty and the Beast. He is currently working on the animated movie Pinocchio for Netflix Animation and the Jim Henson Company.
“Having Ewan McGregor back again signing for us is extremely exciting, especially considering we just saw the premiere episodes of Obi-Wan Kenobi,” says Stephen Shamus, ACE Comic Con President. “Ewan embodies this incredible character and fans will have a new opportunity to send CGC their photo covers and comic books for Ewan to sign!”
“Being able to offer fans the opportunity to add a genuine Ewan McGregor signature to their collections is one of several reasons our relationship with ACE and KLF is special,” said Brittany McManus, CGC Signature Series Director. “The ACE and KLF teams continue to deliver collectors the rarest opportunities from the film industry’s leading talent.”
For this exclusive event, ALL CGC members, including free CGC members, can submit books directly to CGC headquarters in Sarasota, Florida. CGC must receive all submissions for this event by Monday, July 11, 2022.
If the CGC Private Signing needs to be rescheduled, CGC will securely store all submissions in its vault until the event can be rescheduled.
After McGregor signs the submitted books, CGC will grade and encapsulate them with an estimated turnaround time of six weeks. If CCS pressing is also requested, the turnaround time is estimated at eight weeks. After grading and encapsulation, the collectibles will be shipped back to their owners.
The CGC Private Signing fee for Ewan McGregor’s autograph is $325 per item and includes:
- Ewan McGregor’s signature
- Estimated turnaround time of six weeks for CGC grading
- Estimated turnaround time of eight weeks for CGC grading and CCS pressing (an additional $20 fee applies for CCS pressing)
- Encapsulation with the iconic yellow CGC Signature Series label
For this CGC Private Signing event, you can ship submissions directly to CGC with a FREE membership. Paid memberships are also available and include additional benefits. For more information and to join, visit CGCcomics.com/join.
To submit books for the signing:
- Log onto your account or sign up for an account HERE.
- Click Submit in the CGC website navigation and select Submission Forms.
- Next to Comics / Magazines, select Online Form.
- Select Comic or Magazine from the drop-down menu, then select Private Signing and one of the following from the dropdown menu section:
EWAN MCGREGOR, PRIVATE SIGNING.
- Under Services, select Grading and, if you would like it, Pressing. Then hit Next in the top right section of the form.
- Enter the information requested for your comic, and make sure to check the box next to EWAN MCGREGOR under Private Signing Details.
- On the next screen, you can add one of CGC’s custom Marvel labels to your submission for qualifying books.
- Select Add to Cart, and then repeat if there are additional books in your submission. If there are no additional books in your submission, click on the cart icon and proceed to checkout.
- Note: If you want to submit magazines, please group them together on their own private signing form separate from comic submissions. The same rule applies for any custom labels. Please group them together on their own private signing form separate from non-custom labels. To see the available labels, click HERE.
- Put ALL ungraded books in window bags or they will not be accepted. You can purchase window bags HERE.
- Books that are already certified by CGC, including CGC Signature Series books, can be submitted for this event. CGC will remove a CGC-certified book from its holder for an additional $5 fee.
- Carefully package books in a box for shipment. If you need a CGC shipping kit, they can be purchased HERE.
- IMPORTANT: Please write EM on all sides of the outside of the box.
- Books will be received into the CGC system when they arrive and will be safely stored by CGC until the event. (Please note: Payments are processed as they normally are at the time of the collectibles’ arrival at CGC.)
- Once books are signed, they will start an expedited CGC grading process.
All submissions must be received by CGC no later than Monday, July 11, 2022, to qualify for this private signing event. No change requests will be accepted after Monday, July 11, 2022.
Membership credits cannot be applied to CGC Private Signings.
*No Multi-Sigs included with other signings.
**If you submit a CGC-graded collectible that needs to be removed from its original holder by CGC, the collectible will need to go through the certification and encapsulation process again, and there is no guarantee that it will receive the same grade.